Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are a Marilyn!
Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.
- * Be direct and clear
- * Listen to me carefully
- * Don't judge me for my anxiety
- * Work things through with me
- * Reassure me that everything is OK between us
- * Laugh and make jokes with me
- * Gently push me toward new experiences
- * Try not to overreact to my overreacting.
- * being committed and faithful to family and friends
- * being responsible and hardworking
- * being compassionate toward others
- * having intellect and wit
- * being a nonconformist
- * confronting danger bravely
- * being direct and assertive
What's Hard About Being a Marilyn
- * the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
- * procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
- * fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
- * exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
- * wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
- * being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations
Marilyns as Children Often
- * are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
- * are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
- * form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
- * look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
- * are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent
Marilyns as Parents
- * are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
- * are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
- * worry more than most that their children will get hurt
- * sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries
Not sure if it's 100% true, but there you go.
Will see how the car is behaving now ... I came to our car park just outside the door yesterday after the gym and had to move the Xmas tree as the Council STILL hadn't lifted it (and yep, it's still outside!! :( ) - so left the car there for a minute - got back and the battery didn't like me anymore. :( So had to push it (with the help of the usually annoying neighbours kids who offered their help *huh*!) ... and of course first forgot to put the car out of gear. D'OH!! ;)
We've got a new battery charger thingy from Aldi last week but we haven't looked into using it yet ... will check into that as training is back on tomorrow and we really can't do with NO car on Sundays. :o
Plan is to go to the gym and then organise/tidy the pantry once I am back. Then doing the washing up/hang up the wash I've just put on and then ... hopefully ... some scrapping?! Depending on the Mojo of course. ;)