A bit of a walk

Today we had gorgeous weather - so my mum and I went to take on about 1/2 of the Water of Leith Walk.

We started at Balgreen Library and walked all the way to Ocean Terminal. I've never done the Walk before (although I had the map for about 4 years now). It's absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Mostly along the Water of Leith the path goes through Dean Village and past the Botanical Garden. And the most amazing part is - you feel like in a green oasis and I couldn't imagine we're actually in the heart of Edinburgh and close to traffic ... you couldn't hear a thing apart from the ducks!! Lots of old railway bridges went above us - I have taken a couple of pictures and will post some of them once my battery is charged again.

We had a cuppa at the Terrace Cafe at the Botanics with a bit of cake as well for lunch break and then went on to Victoria Docks. Shame people have to throw their rubbish in the water/along the path. This increased coming into Leith.

I think we walked 5 miles in total and now our feet/legs hurt. We took the 22 bus back into town, I showed my mum the Bus Station for tomorrow (she's going to take the Megabus to Perth for the day) and we quickly went into the Tourist Information to see what they have on Inverness (where my mum is going for 3 days next week).

Once we got home we couldn't move for about 1 hour ... our feet were just burning! But they are better now.. :)

Plan for Saturday is going to St. Andrews (neither my mum nor I have been there) for the day ... provided the weather is nice!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!