Baby, it's cold outside...

... was the 2nd day with frost! No snow yet though. Have been fairly busy today, mostly doing housework (again!!!) but also got the picture for the Wolves Christmas Card 2007 (for our sponsors). As none of them is reading my blog I can show it to you. Courtesy of my trial run on Photoshop Elements (and I think I'd really like this software!! :D ) - photo of Dave handing off at the game Wolves v. Tigers on 19.5. @ Meadowbank. I am going to stick the photo onto card blanks and then will write an insert for the inside of the card. I finally managed to get my Stollen into the oven as well... I'd done the dough on Friday already but didn't have much time to bake - and as I am still not 100% sure about my oven (fan assisted) I'd rather be in the kitchen while the stollen is in there. So this time ... NO burnt raisins, no dark brown top ... "just" a nice stollen, soft enough in the middle and just yummie!!! Doug said it's the best stollen so far! :) Wonder if I should try the tip from James Martin to use Creme Fraiche for liquid? I've bought a stollen form (metal cake tin shaped like a stollen) on E-bay and had hoped to get it in time for this year's stollen, but then ... I only bought it 2 weeks ago and with the Christmas Post I didn't really expect it to turn up in time. :) So that's something new for next year.

This afternoon I got a phone call from Curry's - YAY! They are going to send their repair guy round on Thursday. I just hope they can fix it here instead of having to take it away for repair... got the worrying thought that they'll take it away and return it on Christmas Eve while I am in the midst of cooking our Christmas Dinner!!! :o Keep fingers crossed for me!!!


And it's "turning Christmas" (my phrase.. ;) ) - our mail was delivered at 3:45pm today ... and not by our regular postie. Must have been one of the Christmas temps. Well, at least we got mail.

Now - I just LOVE winter for photography. Nice crisp evenings, the light and ice crystals. Here are some of the photos I've taken yesterday at training and today.


Comments

Heather said…
Ooh - what did you do in PSE to get the misty frame effect? Very nice.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!