Heilig Abend ...

...that's Christmas Eve in German, and the main day of Christmas in Germany (and I believe for all of mainland Europe).


Mad dash about printing pictures for FIL's next entry (which I have finished now after Christmas Dinner and opening the first present - I know, I know, I should have done it earlier, but hey - it wouldn't be me if I wouldn't do things at the last minute!!! ;) ), going for a relaxed swim with DH and then the rush up to Christmas Dinner ... I had put the duck in the oven at 3.45pm and started to prepare the carrots and sprouts and also boiled the giblets for part of the gravy.

In between I helped DH with the tree ... and we nearly had a bit of an argument because the tree didn't fit into the base properly (which was not our fault - it was cut off the wrong way). But the tree is up (I'll get some pics tomorrow once I have transferred them from the Camera), the presents underneath and the duck, sprouts, red cabbage, dumplings, carrots and pud are in our bellies!! :)

DH and I always open one present on Christmas Eve (just to honour my heritage) and it usually is DH's "funny present" - another of our traditions. I always get him one "funny" present ... Christmas after our Wedding it was a CD with Waltzes (because he had to learn how to do a slow waltz for our wedding)...and this year it was a "Banana Guard" from Lakeland ... To put it mildly, we had oodles of laughter there ... you have to admit, it kinda looks dodgy... ;) DH is going to show it to his mum tomorrow ... oooops!! ;)

I got some nice Christmas White Chocolate from Whittards with mini marshmallows ... yummmm!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Frohe Weihnachten! Du bist eine wunderschöne Braut gewesen - tolles Layout!
Heather said…
LOL at the banana guard. :D

Love your wedding photo - what a gorgeous couple. :)
Joanne said…
just wanted to say I really love your wedding layout as well.

Hope you had a good christmas and birthday and all the best for the new year.

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

… and we’re now TINY BABIES