Lazy day with shopping

Have been online and watching TV today plus doing 2 dark washes and then went out (by bus) to pay in money for the Senior and the Youth/Junior Teams (incidentially at 2 different banks!). First I thought I am going to the RBS & BOS on Corstorphine Road, then remembered that we don't really have the traditional New Home gift (think that's only German though - Salt and Bread "Brot und Salz, Gott erhalt's") for our friend's housewarming party tonight ... so I thought I am going to the RBS at Corstorphine and then to the BOS at The Gyle where I could get the gifts at Morrisons.
But then I remembered the small RBS branch at South Gyle and that was that. :) Paid in money, forgot the slot top of the money box at the bank (which I picked up again on the way home though) and then had a good shop at Morrisons.

Got a plastic collander, whole peppercorns and sea salt for grinding (we have mini cruets at home for people who move into their own house) and a loaf of bread. Now I just have to make the card and then put a little ribbon or so around the collander.

Yep, that's what you get in Germany for your first own place - either Salt & Bread or a bucket with cleaning products. :D I like this tradition but never had a chance to do it over here really. It's the first housewarming party we'll be able to attend, if even only for 2 hours as we have some thing from Edinburgh Volunteers for Committee members tomorrow from 9:30am till 4pm.

Oh... and I signed up for Shimelle's new class ... "There's no place like home". Looking forward to it, love Shim's classes!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!