Amazing!!

The watersports are really what I watch most during Summer Olympics. DH doesn't like the diving (anything which involves judges, effectively!!), but I like it. Synchronised diving is fascinating and just a precision thing!

And then the swimmers! Just seeing Michael Phelps raking in the medals... :D AMAZING.

Had an article in the "Metro" today about what he eats (just no fair... 3x the normal recommended calories ;) ), bits about his size (his "wingspan" is wider than he's tall - 2.08m (6ft 8in) to 1.93m (6ft 4in).

I showed DH the photo and he said that Michael looks like an Albatros taking off...


And then I remembered another swimmer, who actually got the nickname "Albatros" in the 80's, who got 3 gold medals in the 1984 and 1988 Olympics ... and got 2 Silver and 1 Bronze (6 Olympic Medals in total)...

And at 2.02 m (6ft 7in) and with a "wingspan" of 2.13m (6ft9in) probably the tallest swimmer I've seen so far!!

His name is Michael Gross, and he was born around my corner of Germany in Frankfurt!! :D




I wonder... with those arms... are you getting lost when they hug you??? :D

Comments

Heather said…
I too am enjoying seeing Phelps win gold after gold.

Interesting fact about wing span being greater than height!

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

… and we’re now TINY BABIES