I’m “broken”…

…  the running on paved paths on Friday was worse than I thought, and standing a lot on Sunday during the game didn’t help. However, I didn’t really feel tooooo bad (but then – I sometimes wonder if having a high pain threshold is a curse as I’m just putting up with it).

Yesterday I was jogging to catch the bus and suddenly my knee just buckled. :o Managed to sit through work and then decided to go to A&E (given that I’m only 15 mins away from the hospital) to get the knee checked before our holiday(wouldn’t have gotten an appt with my GP before next week).

Waited just 40 mins for initial assessment, then on the trolley bed for another 15 mins for the X'-ray, then another 15 mins (all the while listening to a) a female alcoholic, b) a mentally challenged person and c) a guy who was out for a fight! VERY comforting … really was fearing that soon the “fight guy” is going on a riot! – Very high police attendance in A&E doesn’t really make me more comfortable either!!).

No fracture on the knee (didn’t think so – only thing could have been avulsion really – i.e. piece of bone ripped off with the tendon) … and I got the “possibly” thing again! Not that I’m losing faith in NHS (errr… yeah… actually… I AM!) – possibly an MCL sprain (what I suspected) – at least this time the nurse practitioner did the varus/valgus stress test … 

But what the …. how do you get an MCL sprain without external or twisting force????   Suppose… the pavement probably could be taken as external force as there is no GIVE whatsoever.

So … went in to work today (even though I was told to rest & ice for 2 days) to clear things up before my week off, but left after 4 hours. Sitting at a desk and getting up again and again to go to the printer is not helping the knee at all. Now lying on the couch with the cryo cuff and hope for the best… need to be fit for Monday (well… actually for Saturday (junior tournament) and Sunday (Seniors away game)!!!

Comments

Joanne said…
I feel so guilty for encouraging you to run, hope your knee gets better soon :)
Kat said…
Hun, it's not your fault - on the treadmill all was fine, should have just stayed away from the pavement!! ;) Once I recovered I'll be back to W1D1, believe me!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!