Stress is gone ....

5 weeks of tense studying and panic of failing the exam had my body in overdrive and defenses were all up.

But now, that I have PASSED!!!! My body is against me ... sinusitis is full blown now, sore throat too ... no headache (bar the facial pain from sinusitis) at least.

So ... service will resume shortly ... ;) I hope to have a duvet-ish day tomorrow and then it's hopefully back to normal.

Oh... one thing... I made "Matjessalat" today for dinner ... my German readers will most likely know this dish or at least have heard of it. It's basically salty Herring - but because I wasn't able to get them I used "Rollmops" (which is the rolled up pickled herring), which actually worked great, according to DH. Add to that sliced onions, sliced sour apples (I used Granny Smith), Juniper Berries and then a sauce made of Mayo, Sour Cream, Lemon juice, Oil and a bit of single cream ... and that's Matjessalat - and you eat it with boiled potatoes ;) My Mutsch sent me the recipe last week after I came across the 2 jars of Rollmops I bought end of last year and decided I had to do something with that (and the plan was always Matjessalat - as Hubby LOVES that dish!!! ;)).

Was a bit apprehensive with the sauce, but it tasted good!!


And now ... the "weird" fact of the day ... I LOVE Matjessalat ... but I HATE the Matjes part of it!! ;) Could happily do with the whole thing without the fish. And I NEVER liked the fishy part of it ... my Mutsch didn't realise that until I told her that last year... ;) Give me the onions, apples and sauce ANY TIME though... LOVE that. But the fish ... yuck! Can't remember when I had it last time I tried the fish, did it today though and I still don't like it.


And this post turned out longer than planned after all!! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!