Random things you miss from childhood... Today: ice skating

Just something that popped into my mind when driving back home on Monday.

When I was about 15 or so my friends and I suddenly got into Ice Skating. I don't even remember why or how, it just happened. :-) We used to go to the Frankfurt ice rink about twice per month during winter, by public transport with a stop at Mackie D's... Very healthy. Lol. Going for about 3-4 hours. Was fun. And we did that for about 2-3 years.

I think I haven't been on a proper ice rink in a looong time. About 17 years maybe? Been kinda skating since I moved to the UK but that only at CenterParcs or in Princes Street Gardens during the "Winter Wonderland" festivities on very tracky ice with far too many people on it. Yes, I've got my standards for skating... Ice needs to be renewed every 2 hours or so. ;-)

What still surprises me is that I never made it to a game of the Frankfurt Lions. Huh. Promised Cal and Sarah I'd go to a Capitals game at some point (well.. Sarah really any Ice hockey game. ;) ).

It's interesting what memories a totally random chat with a friend on MSN can resurface. ...

Well, I got my skates - they need sharpening, but I got them. Really fancy going skating soon. Still remember the weird feeling when you take them off after a long session ... as if walking on a trampoline! LOL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!