Hidden treasures

Markus and I decided to go for a walk today - one of the walks I've got in the book "25 walks in Edinburgh and the Lothians". Chip dropped us off near Penicuik and we walked along the old railway towards Roslin Glen.

What a beautiful day!!! Sun was shining, and it was really warm! The walk is very nice and I think I'll may walk it with my mum when she's coming over in August again.

The path itself is going alongside Roslin Glen to Rosslyn Chapel, but Markus and I decided to go through the Glen. We saw the old ruins of the Mill and the other factory buildings. Walked along the stream and then suddenly I smelled garlic!! Saw a plant that looked like Baerlauch (wild garlic) and took a photo. There was LOTS of it, and the leaves smelled of garlic, and once home again a look online confirmed that it was Baerlauch. :) Wish I had dug up some for planting in the garden, but then ... I think that's not allowed in Scotland. :(

We walked up Roslin Castle (didn't even know that there was one!!!), past the graveyard below Rosslyn Chapel and then to the Chapel's Cafe where we had a muffin each and some tea. Yumm!!! That was a nice reward for all that walking (2 hours I think?).

We had a look at the bus times and decided to walk further to another bus stop, as the LRT bus through Roslin only runs every 30 mins. So that was another 30 mins walk to the next town and then we took a more frequent bus home. :)

Now having dinner and then get ready to go to Calton Hill for Beltane 2007. Wonder how that is going to be, never been ... but ex -colleagues of mine (who were part of the cast) were not too happy with all those people who just went to Beltane to see scantily clad women and get totally drunk! :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

… and we’re now TINY BABIES