Weekly Catch up

Well… one day late, but I try my best! Winking smile 

Catch up of the week … let’s see, what’s happened? The usual of shopping (Sunday), keeping the Hobbits occupied (Monday, Wednesday – Friday). One day of “freedom” (Tuesday) while being ill with a nasty cough (which is still not better) which I used to go to the hairdressers, get another present for hubby and get a bit of housework done.

Miss Martian was violently sick on Wednesday over dinner – however, I suspected that it’s “just” mucus in her tummy from her cold (I really wish the girls wouldn’t react like this when they have a cold!) which was then confirmed Thursday afternoon at the doctors. Another week where we couldn’t go to PEEPs due to illness – I really HOPE we’re able to go next week!!  She’s fine now, apart from stuffy nose and Supergirl has a cough, but that’s just normal in Scotland this time of year I think?!?

Thursday also involved carving 3 pumpkins … the girls picked their own 2 in the shops (BIG pumpkins), and hubby and me got a small one which was used at the Twin & Multiple Club’s Halloween Party for “Pass the Pumpkin”.

In my infinite wisdom I used the small pumpkin for our “family of superheroes” emblems … but it turned out nicely (Blue Beetle – Daddy, Wonder Woman – me, Supergirl and Miss Martian). It’s the first time I tried my hand on pumpkin scraping/shaving for different shade, and I really want to get better on this, love the effect. Also love the effect of the “Blue Beetle Symbol” on the door! Smile 

Miss Martian PumpkinBlue Beetle PumpkinSupergirl PumpkinWonder Woman Pumpkin

Blue Beetle Shadow

The girls got their own 2 pumpkins, and I used their favourite things at the moment…

Mickey Mouse Pumpkin IIMickey Mouse Pumpkin

Tardis Pumpkin IITardis Pumpkin

When I took the girls to the doctors it was chucking down, and I was worried that there won’t be any “guising” going and that getting the pumpkins out would be futile – but at around 5:30pm the rain stopped – and we had lots of guisers coming around. Smile Because of the weather and their current health status we decided NOT to take the girls guising ourselves, but put them into their Jawa costumes and let them hand out the treats to the kids coming around.

Memorable recurrent sentence from Supergirl: “More body come?”  Not really the wording I’d chosen at Halloween! Winking smile 

Friday included a plumbing job and flooding which was then fixed by hubby, us “girls” being at Twin club and then drop off daddy at his work, going to the shops, having lunch, going to Craigie’s for the pie tasting just to arrive a little to late to get any pies so made do with the play park and the farm animals. Beautiful view onto the Forth from up there!!

2013-11-01 14.55.57

… and that’s it for the first round-up. Winking smile

Comments

Alison said…
Well done on getting a roundup done, Kat!! I absolutely love your pumpkins and your use of that very Scottish word...Guisin'
Alison xx

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the BritBowl XXI house... Day 1

Christmas Journal Entry #2

Official!!!