Today I tried a new recipe – Lemon Zucchini Bread/Cake. The result has yet to be tried as we’re on our second “fast” day of the week!
But they’re looking already very nice/yummie!
The recipe I used is from Allrecipes.co.uk, just added a bit lemon juice for a more lemony flavour, and I used more courgette/zucchini. Did peel them, but a friend of mine said I don’t need to do that. Hummm… next time! (doubled up the recipe for 2 loaf tins)
Serves : 12
- 200g (7 oz) grated courgette
- 150g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125ml (4 fl oz) vegetable oil
- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas mark 3. Grease a loaf tin.
- In a bowl, beat together the courgette, sugar, egg and oil. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder; stir in the cinnamon and lemon zest. Stir the flour mixture into the courgette mixture just until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from heat and cool about 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.