Ok… missed a couple of months there again, but things around here just are sooooo busy (twins have scheduled something nearly every day!!)…
When we were in Germany in April it came to mind the things my girls will feel as alien to them and they’ll never use them due to advanced technology etc. TECHNOLOGY ONLY. :)
1) Dial-up Internet connection – remember those Modem-noises?? Whistling and pinging etc?
2) Walkman/Discman – be it the tape or the CD type. Far too big, and nowadays you can use your phone or an MP3/MP4 player that is tiny but still has tons of tracks on it!
3) Video camera – yup, the big, bulky kind! Huge thing for personal use which would make you look nowadays you’re part of a film crew!! ;)
And of course they did come in a smaller version/portable – one of those I had as a child!! :D
9) FLOPPY DISK – Hah… those really floppy ones, not the smaller hard plastic ones! I remember playing a game and having to switch Floppy disks constantly due to size etc!! ;)
10) BBS – Bulletin Board System – Just linked to dial-up internet for me! :) The time prior to Twitter, Facebook, Bebo etc. My haunt was “The Final Frontier” (or FF) (German BBS), chatting to friends, playing games etc. All very pixelated of course!! :D It was at times when you had “Internet Friends” but you would meet up at “UTs” – User Treffen (User Meets). Fabulous BBQs thanks to Gresley and his crew!! :D It was running from 1993 to 1999!!
More of those "10 Things on the 10th" are over at Shimelle's Blog! Have a look around! :)