Sunday, 18 April 2010


I should have been at my mum’s by now … should have landed yesterday around 9pm in Frankfurt, but yet we’re still here at home.  That stupid volcano has some explaining to do!!! :(  Currently we’re booked for a flight on Monday with stand-by for today, but who says the flight will be going tomorrow???

It’s quite weird what you take for granted – I’ve been back for my mum’s (and previously my granny’s) birthday since I moved to the UK – that’s now 11 years with this year being a bit of a problem.  Can’t even go via train or ferry, as they’re all fully booked; driving is not an option either, due to the Chunnel being already fully booked – and considering that our car has troubles to get down to Doncaster – I doubt we would like to try if it can go all the way to Frankfurt (AND we would lose 1 day each way).

So right now we don’t even know IF we’re flying tomorrow. Apparently Lufthansa & KLM have done some test flights yesterday afternoon and decided it’s not safe enough. DH asked me if we would like to be the first to try flying – would that be safe? I’m not too sure. :o

At least I’m staying at home today (novelty on a Sunday in quite some time again!) due to stand-by. Weather is crap though, so my plans of doing some gardening or going for a nice walk are crushed. So today will be doing some housework, editing photos and maybe doing some crafts later. And a trip to the cinema.

I was shocked to hear my mum getting all teary yesterday when I called her to let her know the flight is cancelled … we’ve been down in December, and she’s planning to come up in August for the Festivals, but I assume for her it’s even worse than for me if we don’t visit during the usual time. :o

If we’re still grounded tomorrow then we won’t fly at all as our return flight is on Friday (first Wolves game on Sunday). Then we’ll try to go down in July or so. As much as I’d love that (able to go swimming in the “Kiesgrube” etc), I would prefer to be there for my mum’s birthday ….

No comments: