Decided on the Markets/fun fairs etc in Germany I’ve visited often while still living there – either just for fun or working (all linked to Kriftel as member of the Kriftel Red Cross Group). All photos bar the Hofheimer Wochenmarkt one are stock photos from the Internet.
- Christmas Market Frankfurt
- Christmas Market Hofheim (stalls manned by members of sports clubs, Red Cross etc selling stuff for their organisations)
- Krifteler Red Cross Christmas Market (Small Christmas Market at the Sports hall Kriftel with the Red Cross selling food, handmade things and holding a Raffle, plus having Santa coming around – worked in stalls myself for several years)
- Christmas Market Rothenburg (beautiful Christmas market set within the city walls of Rothenburg)
- Hofheimer Wochenmarkt (Farmers Market)
- Hoechster Wochenmarkt (Farmers Market)
- Hochheimer Markt - a very old farmers market where you still get farmers showing their livestock and machinery plus vendors who sell everything from soup paste (used to be, now it’s granulated soup stuff) to food/drink and cooking devices). Also has a fairly big fairground! LOVED it there but not been in ages as we never went to Germany in November.
- Dippemess Frankfurt (similar to “Hochheimer Markt” minus the livestock and machinery – “Dippe” is Hessian for stoneware pots).
- Lindenbluetenfest Kriftel (a town market/fair in Kriftel)
If you want to see more of the 10 Things on the 10th, pop over to Shimelle, she’s listed them here.